Collection Streams, introduced in Java 8, requires a software developer to start thinking in declarative paradigm. For one who has been accustomed to the imperative paradigm, writing declarative code is not immediately intuitive. My goal from this talk to help the attendees make the transition to the new paradigm easy and start harnessing the power of Streams.
– Solving a problem declarative style
– External Iteration and Internal Iteration
– Stream as a Builder
– Intermediate Operations (filtering, slicing, mapping)
– Terminal Operation (reduction and collection)
– Reduction (finding, matching)
– Collection (Collectors, grouping and downstream)