Micro services are increasingly used to tackle complexity of addressing business requirements. Understanding MicroServices architecture needs some understanding trade off involved in distributed systems. In the talk, I’ve tried to highlight how the model shifts from strong consistency to eventual consistency in Micro services. I will talk about some interesting techniques I’ve used in projects to tackle challenges posed by distributed components. I will also talk about various consistency models( viz. Read My Writes, Consistent Prefix) which developers/architects can used to make interesting tradeoffs. This is talk is going to be on architectural patterns and not related to any specific technology.
Areas covered during the talk:
● What is Live stream?
● Some video domain terminology like RTSP, HLS, DVR, Player, Transcoding, Adaptive bitrate etc
● Architecture of the application
● Challenges faced while scaling the application
● Load stats and success stories
● How we used prediction.io for generating recommendations: Recommendation system on Grails
● Use of hadoop and spark for realtime processing
● Better understanding of Video domain based and live streaming applications
● Getting started with Micro services
● How one can quickly move away from Monolith
● Spending less and still not using the Monolith approach
● How one can scale the application quickly to handle load
● On demand scaling : Auto scaling